Oliver Glasner suggested his tenure at Crystal Palace may not last until the end of the season, adding that he was "not good enough" to turn the club's fortunes around.
In a bombshell press conference that took place last month, in which it was announced that Marc Guehi had been allowed to join Manchester City, Glasner also confirmed he would leave Palace at the end of the season, when his current contract expires.
However, the 51-year-old has come under increasing pressure in recent weeks, having overseen just one victory in the Eagles' last 15 matches across all competitions.
The latest result saw them draw the first leg of their Conference League play-off away to Bosnia and Herzegovina side Zrinjski ahead of the return leg at Selhurst Park next week.
Following the full-time whistle at Stadion Bijeli Brijeg on Thursday, sections of the travelling support turned on the Palace boss, chanting "We want Glasner out".
And the Austrian made no attempt to shore up his position ahead of Sunday's clash with Wolves, telling a press conference: "Let's see what the future brings. You never know.
"I always said, and this wasn't the first press conference where I could just repeat myself.
"As I said, eventually you always depend on your players, and they will get all the support like always, and then we will see."
Palace are also winless in their last eight league home games (D3 L5), their longest run at Selhurst Park in the top-flight since their first 15 of the 1997-98 campaign (D4 L11).
Their run of form in the Premier League sees them sit 13th in the table, but just eight points above 18th-placed West Ham, who are picking up form under Nuno Espirito Santo.
But Glasner has had to oversee a lot of change over the past year, having lost the likes of Guehi, Eberechi Eze and Michael Olise.
"I'm always realistic, and we're not in the best moment right now. I understand, and I take responsibility for everything because I'm responsible for the whole team," Glasner said.
"Right now, I'm just not good enough to replace the players we sold.
"I'm just not good enough to integrate the new players in a way to play the same way like we did, and I'm not good enough that we can cope with the schedule we had.
"On the other side, I was good enough to play the best season ever [and] win two trophies.
"We are playing a better Premier League season than [in] eight of the last 10 seasons. We play European football, and that is the reality."
vusikrs
4
Very honest coach, he’s just wasting his time at aimless team but this’s what happens when you end up at a club where there’s no plan, no aim.
6TBASH✅
1
He's warned the board for what may follows if they allow their best players out. And now it's clear for all to see ✅
bwalyaalfred024
1
put together zidane, Mourinho, pep, flick etc they'll fail to save Crystal Palace from relegation battle so the pressure of wanting Glasner out is unnecessary
Stdismas
0
a club with the mentality to sell..this man have tried his best..let him go in peace by the end of the season
💯
yeeceprtz
0
So they want him to thrive after 3 top players he had , what a joke .
wowadrsyz
0
the coach left the moment they sold their best players
Yupabklort
4
sack me so that I can receive millions in compensation
daaklruyz
0
mediocre club. after selling your best players seasons after seasons you want The coach to win games and be satisfied with the board, crystal palace from is coming from dissatisfaction the Coach isn't happy at all including players.
wenbimnpt
2
a club with the mentality to sell..this man have tried his best..let him go in peace by the end of the season
kecemnpstz
2
This coach is a good coach in a wrong poor club,they qualify for European competition but the board didn't add the squad depth now fatigue set in