Man City to ban supporter who told 'I'll send money to your family in Africa'

  /  autty

Manchester City will ban a supporter after he was cautioned by police for alleged racism.

The supporter was caught on camera making the inflammatory remark in the immediate aftermath of November's victory over Manchester United.

The 33-year-old said 'I'll send some money back to your family in Africa,' while discussing the 3-1 win with CheekySport's Joel Beya.

City have confirmed the fan is facing a ban, with the minimum suspension set at a year. The maximum he could be hit with is a lifetime ban and the length of that is now under review.

English football has been blighted by alleged racism over recent weeks, with high-profile incidents involving supporters and City's Raheem Sterling and Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

A police statement read: 'Greater Manchester Police are investigating following a report of a racist incident after the derby between Manchester City and Manchester United on Sunday 11 November 2018.

'A 33-year-old man has received a police caution.'

Beya had uploaded the video to his Instagram account, writing: 'Nobody is perfect but we can't have this in our beautiful game of football or in general.

'There's only a small hand(ful) who act like this at grounds across the country but we have to get rid of it.'

City said in a statement last month: 'Manchester City has a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind and strongly condemns behaviour of this nature.'

The club's customer charter states: 'Discriminatory behaviour, which includes, shouting, chanting or actions such as racist, sectarian, homophobic, sexist or anti-disability behaviour, is unacceptable.'

Related: Manchester City
Hot comments
Download All Football for more comments