Chelsea have backed out of allowing Nicolas Jackson to join Bayern Munich on loan - leaving the player unimpressed - as the Blues try to manage their injury situation
Nicolas Jackson has been left furious by the late collapse of his loan move to Bayern Munich and is attempting to resurrect the loan switch - despite Chelsea demanding his return.
The Blues forward had been told he could leave Stamford Bridge after falling down the pecking order. Despite interest from several Premier League clubs it was eventually decided that he would head to the German giants. However an injury to summer signing Liam Delap in Saturday's lunchtime kick-off has seen Chelsea U-turn on their decision to let Jackson leave, despite the Senegal international jetting to Munich to finalise the move.
Jackson is unhappy with the last minute changes and attempts will be made to see if the move to Bayern can still be struck. His agents are working to try and ensure the deal is revived after Chelsea accepted a record loan fee of £13m from Bayern for Jackson, with an option to sign the 24-year-old permanently next summer for £56.2m.
Bayern sporting director Max Eberl addressed the situation before the clash with Augsburg and was wise to the fact that things could still change late in the day: "Transfers are only finalised once the signatures are in place. He [Jackson] is there, and then we'll see. We'll take a closer look at it after the game and act accordingly.
"It's easy to understand: You negotiate, you reach an agreement, then comes the medical check, and extraordinary things still happen. I can’t say what’s going on now."
However Chelsea are insisting he returns back to London and rejoins their first-team squad following Delap's injury.
Chelsea signed Delap and Joao Pedro, who has started life impressively in west London. They had been poised to back the two men as their strikers for the season after seeing Christopher Nkunku join AC Milan and green lighting Jackson's switch to the Bundesliga side.
Now Jackson is wanted to return, despite Maresca publicly telling the Senegalese star that it would be better for him to leave.
“It’s better for Nico if what he desires is going to happen," said the Italian earlier this month. “He is available, but he’s not going to be part of the squad because we have two players in that position — and we know that something can happen before the transfer window closes.
"The player is open to leave. If he finds a good solution, he’s going to leave."
suhaprtuyz
45
Nico should not return and join Bayern he should force this move it is Chelsea mistake of mistreating him
bacbclruyz
27
those of u blaming Chelsea should instead tell jackson to take this opportunity and do better , a club gave u 2 good season wtout competition, to lead their line , u miss far more than u score and u expect rge team to persist wt him , gw nany top club van make hackson their no 1striker ? even bayern won't
Voybloprst
11
Fabrizio: Here we come Back 😂
vuanorst
8
Jackson, Sancho and Felix career's killed by Chelsea so 😢