download All Football App

Man Utd news: PSG make Rashford transfer decision amid Ten Hag disagreement

  /  autty

Manchester United fans can't wait for the Premier League season to end.

A campaign which started with off-the-pitch scandals is ending with more and more scandalous performances, such as in Saturday's dire 2-2 draw with Bournemouth. Erik ten Hag felt the pressure dial turn as his side were dominated for large periods of the game, having to be bailed out by a dubious penalty which even he admitted shouldn't have been given.

New co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe will've been watching closely, as he and his fellow club chiefs continue to evaluate Ten Hag's ability to turn things around. Ratcliffe and co could wield the axe in time for the 2024-25 season, but it's not just in the dugout where supporters are anticipating change.

Here's a round-up of the latest news from Old Trafford.

PSG cool Rashford interest

Paris Saint-Germain have turned to alternative transfer targets after learning that Marcus Rashford would cost them £100million. Mirror Football reported last month that the Ligue 1 champions were preparing a fresh bid for the 26-year-old, who's enduring another underwhelming campaign after a career-best 30 goals last season.

But according to The Sun, PSG are cooling their interest as they seek to find a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Kylian Mbappe. A £75m bid had been floated, but it's thought United are looking for around £100m after tying Rashford down to a new five-year contract last summer.

Dalot disagrees with Ten Hag

Diogo Dalot admits that the high volume of shots which Manchester United are conceding is a problem - even though Erik ten Hag insisted that isn't the case. Ten Hag recently labelled criticism over how many shots his side regularly allow "ridiculous," but Dalot's comments suggest that the Portuguese right-back doesn't agree with his boss.

When asked about 20 shots that United conceded against Bournemouth, Dalot - who's largely been an ever present in defence this season - replied: "I think it's a fact, something we are looking [at]. Maybe we are taking too many risks, sometimes the gap between the defence and midfield is a little bit too big."

Keys weighs in on Garnacho row

Richard Keys says he has "sympathy" for Alejandro Garnacho, who was seen 'liking' two social media posts which criticised Erik ten Hag after Saturday's draw. Garnacho, 19, was subbed off at half-time and replaced by Amad, having given the ball away for the Cherries' opening goal.

In his post-match press conference, Ten Hag referenced the Argentina international's error and Garnacho appeared to be furious. "I have some sympathy with that view," Keys declared on beIN Sports. "Garnacho's dug [Ten Hag] out week in week out over the last two months. Young players make mistakes, he said... The damage has been done from Ten Hag's perspective."