Manchester United will make another move for Jadon Sancho in the summer with the Borussia Dortmund star still a big target.
An attempt was put forward last year but the German club blocked a move.
But with Covid taking a hit on the club's finances and the chances of Champions League football looking slim, Dortmund could be forced into a sale.
And their asking price has already taken a hit, with the original price of £109m dropping to as low as £78m.
United are not the only potential suitors, with Liverpool and Chelsea also interested in the England international.
But with Sancho set for another transfer saga, Mirror Football is on hand to deliver the full lowdown.
Sancho transfer demands
United are currently winning the war over Sancho after planting the seed last year in talks as early as March 2020.
Contact was first made with the former Manchester City academy starlet in an attempt to convince him to move to Old Trafford ahead of their rivals.
And the 21-year-old was keen, agreeing personal terms and readying himself for a transfer to United but Dortmund turned down a bid.
However, after already coming to an agreement over a contract - the Red Devils will have an easier ride this summer, compared to the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea, who will have to start from scratch.
Sancho would have found an exit easier last year had it not been for Dortmund's tough resolve, who basically told United to fork out £109m or don't bother contacting them.
They also issued a self-imposed deadline, telling Old Trafford officials they must make a bid by August 9 or all talks are off - and when that date passed, Dortmund were true to their word and never spoke to United that summer again.
That stance has significantly softened this year amid the Covid pandemic, with reports stating that the asking price has dropped to as low as £78m.
While this may be good news for United, they will also be wary that this new valuation will attract plenty of rivals - with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain previous interested parties.
These combined factors add to a likely departure - but none more than Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc latest statement on Sancho.
The club chief admitted that there was a gentleman's agreement in place to allow the Camberwell-born star to leave in the summer window - a deal that does not extend to another of United's targets in Erling Haaland.
"We already had a gentlemen's agreement with Jadon last year that he can switch under certain conditions," Zorc told ARD .
"He's been with us for a couple of years. However, this agreement does not exist with Erling."