Plans to allow a controlled return of fans into stadiums from October 1 have been paused as the Government attempts to tackle a surge in Covid-19 cases.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson unveiled a range of new measures on Tuesday.
The Government has been forced to acknowledge the spread of the virus is "now affecting our ability to re-open businesses, conferences, exhibitions and large sporting events".
As well as confirming the rule of six applies to all adult indoor sports clubs and teams, Johnson said: "We will not be able to do this from October 1st and I recognise the implications for our sports clubs that are our life and soul of our communities.
"My RT Hon friends the Chancellor and Culture Secretary are working urgently on what we can do now to support them."
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport was tasked with co-ordinating the return of fans and had told Sky Sports News on several occasions that October 1 was an 'aspirational' date which they would all work towards.
However, given the stark warning on Monday by the Government's two leading medical advisers on Covid 19 - Sir Patrick Vallance and Professor Chris Whitty - about the continuing rise in confirmed Covid cases, the Prime Minister announced a number of restrictions to counter the rise.
Meanwhile, the leaders of more than 100 sports bodies have written to the Prime Minister requesting emergency funds to stave off a "lost generation of activity".

The group warns the future of the sector is "perilous" and urges the Government to provide a "sports recovery fund" in order to help the industry endure the prolonged effects of the pandemic.
The letter, written by organisations including the Football Association, Premier League, Rugby Football Union and England and Wales Cricket Board, reportedly states: "We require a comprehensive support package for the sport and physical sector to aid its recovery.
"This package must combine investment, tax incentives, and regulatory reform.
"Covid-19 has undermined our commercial revenue streams with both stadiums and leisure facilities closed or greatly reduced in capacity. The impact of this will potentially lead to a lost generation of sport and activity."
The Premier League wrote to the government earlier this month saying around £100m per month will be lost by clubs across the leagues while matches continue behind closed doors.
